- L. Acidophilus
- S. Thermophilus
- L. Bulgaricus
Yogurt Starter Powder – 25 Grams
Yogurt is a rich source of probiotics and good bacteria that can help benefit your digestive tract. The fresher the yogurt, the more viable bacteria it contains. By regulations, yogurt should contain 10 million bacteria per gram at the time it is sold.
Milk that has fermented under the action of lactic bacteria can be made into yogurt. Certain bacterial strains convert part of the lactose into lactic acid. The milk coagulates when a sufficient quantity of lactic acid is produced.
Custom Probiotics has created a unique product that enables you to enjoy part of the yogurt making yourself. Yogurt Starter Culture Formula #2 is a blend of probiotics strains for creating your own yogurt at home.
How Does it Work?
For every two quarts to one gallon of milk, you can use half a scoop (0.4 gram) of yogurt starter. Therefore, you can make 50-55 batches of yogurt from 25 grams of yogurt starter. Custom Probiotics yogurt starters are highly concentrated and hence very little needs to be used. They do not contain any artificial additives or preservatives.
Product May Support:
- Enhanced lactose digestion
- Alleviation of diarrhea
- Stimulation of the intestines
- Balance of microbial population in the intestines
- Inhibition of harmful bacteria in your system
- Improve intestinal transit support
Discover the benefits of creating your own yogurt and how it can support your digestive system.
HOW TO MAKE YOGURT:
1. Get 2 quarts (1.9 L) pasteurized, low fat or whole, cow or much preferably goat milk. [Goat milk is closer to mothers milk, is much easier to digest and is less allergenic than cows milk].
2. Heat the milk while mixing until it comes to a boil. The boiling process will destroy harmful organisms and restructure proteins to help with the viscosity.
3. Let the milk cool to 100-103 F (38-40 C).
4. Add half a scoop (0.4 grams) of yogurt starter powder per two quarts to one gallon of milk.
5. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or beater until all the powder yogurt starter is well dissolved.
6. Fill the resulting cultured milk in a yogurt maker of your choice and incubate at 100-103 F (38-40 C) for 12-24 hours. During fermentation, part of the lactose (milk sugar) converts to lactic acid, decreasing the pH values to a range of 4.25 to 4.5. The streptococci are responsible for the initial pH drop of the yogurt mix to approximately 5.0. The lactobacilli are responsible for a further decrease to pH 4.0.
7. Refrigerate for at least five hours.
8. Enjoy and share with friends and family.
- Keep this item refrigerated.
- Be proactive about your healthy and get the probiotics you need today.
It is best to keep bottles tightly closed and refrigerated to retain maximum potency. Custom Probiotics over designs their probiotics so that the loss will not affect the potency indicated on the label. One can travel with Custom Probiotics supplements for 2 to 3 weeks without refrigeration. It is best however to keep probiotics refrigerated for optimum potency.
Keep out of the reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.